Airtel has roll out 4g Lite service and are offering free 4 gigabyte to all customers using 4G Lite Airtel SIM. In this article I will show you how to upgrade your Airtel 3G sim to 4G and Activate it.
The smart phone network has taken its 4G LTE network coverage even further by launching its 4G LTE coverage not only in Abuja or Lagos but also in Imo & Kano. This is particularly a great news to Kano, Lagos & Abuja residents who have been expecting the 4G LTE network in their cities.
Steps To Convert Airtel 3G SIM into 4G:
Before jump into 4G, make sure your smartphone is 4G enabled. There are two ways to convert your Airtel 3G SIM into 4G.
• Request airtel 3G SIM changes into 4G Online.
• Changes your Airtel 3G SIM into 4G by Airtel Store
Steps to Request Airtel 4G SIM-Online
• First of all Visit Airtel Offical 4G upgrade page
• Enter your airtel mobile number to check 4G service is ready for your mobile number. It will take 4-5 second to check, then a window will display like below image.
• Now Visit “Request another SIM” link and fill your Airtel 4G SIM Deliver detail.After filling the all details hit on the Send me a 4G SIM.
Steps to Upgrade Airtel 3G SIM into 4G – Airtel Store/Retailer Shop
• Make sure you backup your contacts somewhere else
• Visit the nearest Airtel service centre closest to you.
• Meet the customer care person and request for a 4G SIM upgrade. You will be given a form to fill and your SIM card will be upgraded.
• It will take 12-24 hours to start your new sim.
Dial *140# to receive 4 gigabyte free data.