Instagram is an American photo and video sharing social networking service. Just like other social media platform Instagram can be addictive and this addiction may be unhealthy at some point. Taking a break off instagram or delete it totally may be your only resort to stop the addiction. In this article we shall be going through how to delete an instagram account by temporarily disabling it or permanently deactivating the account.
How to delete an instagram account permanently
When you delete your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be gone for good − and you won’t be able to resurrect the account or retrieve any of the data within it. What’s more, you won’t be able to sign in with that username or password so I advised you have a rethink and decide if this is what you want because you won’t get the account back forever. Here are the steps on how to delete an account permanently.
- You can’t delete an Instagram account by using the app on your smartphone. You have to use a browser on your computer or smartphone.
- Log into Instagram using a (mobile) browser.
- There is a page called “Delete Your Account”, but you won’t find it by clicking around. You must know the exact link. Click on or type the following URL: https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Choose an option to answer the question of why you want to delete your account.
- After you’ve chosen an answer, a red button will appear: “Permanently delete my account”.
- Re-enter your password. Then click or tap on the red button to permanently delete your account.
- Your profile and your information will be permanently deleted 30 days after your deletion request. It can take up to 90 days to delete all your content, but it won’t be visible to other users during this time.
How to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account
Instead of deleting your account permanently you can decide to take a break and don’t loose your post and followers.
To temporarily deactivate an Instagram account, with a view to either resurrecting or permanently deleting it later down the line, follow these steps:
- Visit the Instagram website and log into your account
- Navigate to your profile page and click ‘Edit Profile’
- Select ‘Temporarily disable my account’ at the bottom of the page
- Open the drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ and select the option most relevant to you
- Re-enter your Instagram password when prompted
- Select ‘Temporarily disable account’
At this juncture we will draw the curtains for this article on how to delete an instagram account. I hope this article have been resourceful to you tell us how you feel about this article in the comment box below.