In line with the new policy of the National communication commission (NCC) that all phone number should be linked with national identity number(NIN) of this owners. we had to publish this article on how to link your NIN to your MTN line.
The NCC have given telecommunications operators in the country two weeks to block all SIM cards that are not registered with national identity Number(NIN).
This coming up as one of the measures to solve the high rate of insecurity in the country and also in a bid to harmonize Data base of citizens. NCC had threatened that failure to do so would lead to people’s line being blocked or disconnected by December 31, 2020. You can link more than one phone number to your NIN.
How to link your NIN to your MTN line
There are two ways of linking your NIN to your MTN line either via USSD code or via MTN website
How to link NIN to MTN line via USSD
- Dial *785# using the phone number you want to link
- Enter the number
- You will receive a feedback from the network
Via MTN website
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/using your phone or computer
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
How to link your NIN to your MTN Via MYMTN app
- Download the MyMTN app from Google Play Store or Apple app store.
- Lunch the app
- Fill in your particulars
- Navigate to the NIN linking section
- Proceed to follow the prompts
Here you have it a complete guide on how to link your NIN to your MTN line. Do Ensue you link your MTN SIM to avoid being blocked or disconnected.
I hope this article have been resourceful to you. Please feel free to drop your questions and contributions in the comment box.
- How to Check If Your National Identity Card (NIMC) is Ready
- MTN Xtraspecial – Here is everything you need to know
- How to Get 10% Recharge bonus on every recharge on MTN
- GLO TARIFF PLANS AND MIGRATION CODES 2020
- MTN YouTube Video Streaming Bundle – Here is everything you need to know