Do you want to transfer airtime to your friend from your Airtel line But you don’t know the way to go about it? This article on how to share airtime on Airtel is here to guide you.
Airtel is the second leading telecom network in Nigeria by subscribers with over 50 million subscribers and is present in all local government areas, villages and major towns in Nigeria. This telecommunications company offer 2G, 3G and fast 4G wireless services, making their users have the best experiences on the internet.
Airtel introduces the me2u service to allow customers send or share airtime from their account to another persons account using airtel. But you can transfer not more than N5000 per day. Before you can start transferring airtime to another customer you need to change the default pin on me2u service.
How to change the default Airtel Me2U PIN
To change your default “Me2U PIN”, just follow these steps:
- On your phone, navigate to your SMS menu.
- In a text message, write ‘PIN – default PIN – new PIN’. Example PIN 1234 8899. The default pin is 1234.
- Send it to the number 432.
- You will get a notification that will tell you that your new PIN is 8899 as used in the example above.
Read Also: how to share airtime on MTN 2020
How to share/ Transfer airtime on Airtel
If you have successfully changed your pin then you are good to go. To transfer credit on Airtel simply follow the steps below.
- Open to your SMS menu on your phone.
- Create an SMS and write in this format: 2u [space] Airtel Number [space] Amount [space] PIN. For instance, if you want to transfer N100 to number 08025482688, you will write: 2u 08025482688100 8899.
- Send the SMS to the number 432.
The credit will be transferred immediately.
- You will get an instant SMS to notify you of the transfer while the recipient also gets a notification too.
- Dial *432# on the phone you wish to send from.
- Select transfer airtime.
- Enter number of the person you’re transferring credit to
- Enter your PIN;
- Confirm your transaction by replying with option one (1).
Here is where we draw the curtains on today’s article on how to share airtime on Airtel hope this article is very resourceful to you. Feel free to drop your questions and contributions in the comment box.
- How To Retrieve your Airtel SIM via SMS
- Glo Sunday plan: How to activate Glo 1.25GB for N200
- How to link your NIN to your 9mobile line
- MTN Beep Service – Here is everything you need to know
- HOW TO CHECK AIRTEL DATA BALANCE ||AIRTEL DATA BALANCE CODE