Since the PS5 came out, Sony has released blockbuster games such as Demon Souls, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart etc. Because you don’t have a PS5 console yet does not mean you can’t enjoy these games. In this article we shall be going through How to Play PlayStation 5 Games on a PlayStation 4 Console.
Sony playstation5 console is currently one of the most expensive gaming console in the world right now. Since the release of the PS5 console on 12th november, 2020. Sony have sold over 7.5 million PS5 console. Alot of persons have been unable to purchase the console due to Economic hardship, chip shortage, lack of stock etc.
What is Share Play?
Share Play is basically a feature introduced by Sony that allows you to mirror your gaming screen with a friend, hand over your controller so your friend plays as you, or play together a local multiplayer session over the internet. Share Play debuted on the PS4 in 2014 and is now available on the PS5.
A Share Play session lasts up to 60 minutes. Both players can enjoy the online multiplayer even if the game does not support it.
Requirements to Play PS5 Games on a PS4 Console with Share Play
- Both players must have a PlayStation Plus subscription.
- Both players must have a high-speed internet connection. Sony recommends at least a connection speed of 2Mbps.
- You and your friend ought to have a PS4 and a PS5 console, either of you should have one of the two.
How to Play PS5 Games on a PS4 Console
Now that you have fulfilled the requirements above, you are ready to play PlayStation 5 games on a PlayStation 4 console. Your friend is the one with a PS5 console and you have a PS4, your friend will be the one to initiate Share Play.
- On the PS5 after the owner has logged in, press the PS button on the DualSense controller.
- From the control centre, select Game Base. Game Base is where you see online friends.
- Press the square/box button and select Create Party.
- Your friend with the PS4 should show now, select his name and choose the Voice Chat party option as shown below
- Now that you are your friend with PS4 are in a Voice Party chat, select Start Share Screen and then Start Share Play
- Now that you have started Share Play, you have to choose a mode – Share Your Screen with Visitor, Visitor Plays as You or You Play with the Visitor. For your friend to take over your PS5 game, you have to select the Visitor Plays as You mode.
In conclusion you can now enjoy playstation 5 games with your ps4 console thanks to share play. i hope this article on how to play playstation 5 games on playstation 4 console have been resourceful to you feel free to drop your comment and contribution in the comment box below.
- How to lift ban on telegram
- Full list of Sony service centers in Nigeria and addresses
- How to fix APPS freezing and crashing on andriod
- List of certified Gloworld outlets for sim sales and activation in Nigeria 2021
- How to contact DStv customer care