Abeg have been trending on all social media platforms in Nigeria. As many Nigeria celebrity have been using the platform for giveaway to fans. Abeg is also the headline sponsor of the big brother Naija(BBN) season 6 along side patricia. In this article we shall be going through everything you need to know on Abeg App.
What is Abeg App?
Abeg is a peer-to-peer (P2P) social payments platform that lets you send or request money from another Abeg user without having to input any bank details. All you need is their Abeg tag to send them money and request funds from them.
Funding an Abeg wallet requires a Bank Verification Number (BVN) and a local phone number linked to your account.
Other unique features you can find on the Abeg app include a Giveaway option, Ajo (a group saving tool), Cliques (for your bill splitting) and loans. The last three are still in the pipeline though.
Benefits Of Abeg APP
Using the abeg platform provides a lot of benefits which include:
- Sending cash via Abeg won’t cost you a pretty kobo. You can send thousands of naira to Abeg tags (usernames) for free but withdrawals to bank accounts will attract a small fee of ₦10. This can be considered as the cheapest whwn compared to other P2P payment solutions.
- Abeg also offers referral bonuses to users who invite their friends to create an Abeg account. If your friends download the app through your invite code, and you initiate the first transfer, you get a ₦500 bonus for your troubles.
- You can also buy airtime, pay bills, and link your social media accounts to find Abeg users on Twitter or Instagram
How to Sign Up For Abeg App
You can log into the Abeg app with these simple steps:
- Install the app from your Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Tap “Create an account.”
- Complete the sign-up process by entering your name, phone number, email address, and password.
- They’d send a One-Time Passcode (OTP) to your line for verification.
- Once you’re in, you’d need to provide your BVN. This is how they link your bank account to the app, so you can fund your wallet.
- You’d also need to create a transfer tag that you can share.
- You can link your social media accounts to your Abeg app to see mutual Abeg users.
Well, asides from the free giveaway, airtime recharge and easy P2P transfer features, Abeg doesn’t have much going for it now. Unlike the other payment solutions mentioned above, Abeg’s use case is limited. You can’t create virtual dollar cards like Barter and Wallets Africa on this platform. Neither can you send money abroad or even to other African countries. Join Abeg today and enjoy giveaway from your favorite celebrities.